SEDCO College offers a variety of subject choices in the curriculum.
The following curriculum is currently applicable for grade 8 and 9 (all subjects compulsory):
- English Home Language
- Afrikaans Home Language
- English First Additional Language OR
- Afrikaans First Additional Language /
- Isizulu Home Language or fal
- Life Orientation
- Arts and Culture
- Natural Science
- Economic and Management Science
- Social Science
Subject choices for grade 10-12 are as follows:
- Subjects in Group A are compulsory.
- In Group B, choose between Mathematics and Mathematical Literacy. /
- Choose three subjects from Group C. .
- A learner may change a maximum of 2 subjects in Grade 10, subject to approval of the principal. This must be done by the beginning of the 3rd term in Grade 10.
- A learner may change 2 subjects in Grade 11, subject to approval of the principal, provided this is done before 28 February in Grade 11.
- In exceptional cases a learner may change 1 subject in Grade 12, provided it is done before 31 January of the Grade 12 year. Approval for changing a subject in Grade 12 must be obtained from the Head of Education
- Not all subject combinations are guaranteed.